Shall I Bring Some Grapes - John is not very well!

Please CLICK HERE for full AUDIO/VISUAL page 

LEXMATICA






Shall I Bring Some Grapes?

John and Mary are in the kitchen. They are sitting at the table. Mary is having coffee and John is having an aspirin. An aspirin for his headache.

What's wrong John?
I'm not well.
Have you got a headache?
Yes – a very bad one. And, I've got a sore throat, too.
Have you got a temperature?
I don't know.
I will take your temperature. Here's my thermometer. Open your mouth......... Oh my God! You have a temperature of 104! I must phone an ambulance. You must go to hospital. John, shall I pack your new pyjamas? …....................... John, why can't you speak? …........... John, why are you so white in the face? ….......... John, the ambulance is here. Soon you will be in hospital. If I have time, I will come and see you tomorrow. Shall I bring some grapes? Get better soon.

Vocabulary

ambulance …........................................................................................................................................

What's wrong …...................................................................................................................................

I'm not well …......................................................................................................................................

headache …...........................................................................................................................................

sore throat ….........................................................................................................................................

toothache …...........................................................................................................................................

a bad pain …..........................................................................................................................................

high/low blood pressure …...................................................................................................................

ambulance ….........................................................................................................................................


Questions

What is wrong with John?
Has John got a sore throat, too?
Is John's headache bad?
Has John got a temperature?
Who does Mary phone?
Where must John go?
Why is John white in the face?





Toorington People - Karli Freund

  Karli Freund Karli Freund is a  carpenter,  He works with wood. Karli Freund  needs  many  different  t ools  for his work. He needs  saws...