Sally is Lost! Can you help her?

Picture - Modern Viennese Public transport - by Nigel A. James

Click here for full text.




Sally is Lost

Sally is on holiday in Vienna and she has a ticket for the opera. But, where is the opera? Sally is lost.
“Excuse me, please?”
“Certainly”
“Can you tell me the way to the opera, please?”
“Of course – the opera is easy to find – just go straight ahead until you reach the ring. On your way you will pass the Rochusmarkt on your right, the Hilton hotel on your left, and, after crossing the River Vienna, you will see Vienna's biggest park, the Stadtpark. Then you will be at the Ring”
“It sounds really easy – so far so good
“Then, when you reach the ring, turn left and follow it round. The opera house will be on your right-hand side”
How far?”
about twenty minutes altogether”
“Thank you very much”
By the way, where are you staying?
“At the Hilton!”
“Oh – you walked the wrong way. Never mind, enjoy the opera. Auf wiedersehen
“Goodbye”

go straight ahead -
reach -
on your right -
on your left -
after crossing the River Vienna -
so far so good -
turn left/turn right -
follow the (road) round -
how far?
About 20 minutes -
by the way -
where are you staying?
Never mind -
cross the road (at) -

I am standing on the Stephan's Platz. How can I reach the university, please?

Can you tell me the way to the Hotel Bristol, please? I am standing on the Graben.

Oh no. I am lost. Can you show me the way to the Intercontinental Hotel, please?
(I am at the Hotel Bristol)

Excuse me please, where is the Pizza Grado? I am at the Intercontinental Hotel.

I am standing on the ring at the bottom of Mariahilferstrasse. How far is the Westbahnhof, please?

Sprechen Sie English?


Excuse me, please. Can you recommend a good restaurant? How can I get there, please? (I am on the Modenapark.) And, how far is it, please?



Modern Viennese Public Transport!

Toorington People - Karli Freund

  Karli Freund Karli Freund is a  carpenter,  He works with wood. Karli Freund  needs  many  different  t ools  for his work. He needs  saws...